*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Banana Bread Recipe
If you are looking for a simple banana bread recipe look no further! This recipe is easy, quick, moist, and delicious. Back in college my roommate and I experimented with a lot of different banana bread recipes and eventually combined what we liked to make our own. Every time I make this recipe it’s gone within a day or two. I have people request it all the time! I can assure you that you will never need another banana bread recipe again.
First things first
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease your loaf pan. I either pour a little olive oil inside and use a paper towel to spread it around, or I rub it down with butter.
In your kitchen aid mixing bowl or a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together your cup of butter and cup of sugar.
In a separate bowl, sift together your 2 cups of flour and teaspoon of baking soda. Add a spoonful of the flour mixture into the creamed butter and sugar (this prevents the eggs from curdling), then add 2 eggs and 4 tablespoons of buttermilk. As you are mixing, gradually add the flour mixture. Once all your flour is mixed, use a spatula and scrape the sides of the bowl to get any excess flour. Mix the batter until the excess flour is gone. Then add 3 ripe bananas. I never smash my bananas beforehand. I just throw them in the batter and turn the mixer on. Once everything is mixed in well, pour your batter into your greased loaf pan.
Related Post: Low FODMAP Breakfast Casserole
Pop the loaf into the oven for 60-70 minutes (until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean). Wait for it to cool and then enjoy!
- If you do not have buttermilk, pour a 1/2 cup of milk and add 1/2 teaspoon of white vinegar or lemon juice. Stir well and let it sit 5-10 minutes. I use this method more than I do buttermilk
- When the banana bread is in the oven, cover the top with loose foil for the first thirty minutes. Then remove the foil for the last thirty minutes. This will reduce the risk of the top burning before the bread is fully baked.
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tbsp Buttermilk
- 2 Cup Flour
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and baking soda
- Add eggs, and buttermilk to the creamed butter and sugar. (1 scoop of flour mixture will prevent curdling)
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add flour to the bowl. Once all flour is added, scrape the bowl with a spatula to get excess flour off the side of the bowl. Mix a little bit longer.
- Add ripe bananas to the mixture. Mix really well for a couple of minutes.
- Pour batter into your greased loaf pan and place in the oven for 60-70 minutes. Or until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean.
Have you made this recipe and loved it?
Let me know if you have made this recipe! Send me pictures and tell me what you think below.
it’s such a complete “brain save” for me. I literally do nothing.The texture ends up being a tad different, but not enough that my family has ever noticed. The kids love having it cooked in baggies too because I will keep some in the fridge and it makes them much more apt to cook up something on their own.
Ever since I went vegan I’ve been having a hard time. My sister sent me your blog this morning and somehow everything looks so much easier! I can’t wait to try your recipes!
I’m so glad your sister recommended my recipes! Feel free to request a recipe!