*This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
Low FODMAP Chicken and Rice Soup
Fall weather has finally arrived and there is nothing I love more than lighting fall scented candles, cuddling up in a warm blanket and eating a warm bowl of soup. Sadly, with fall weather comes allergies and the perfect medicine is a bowl of chicken and rice soup.
The first step
In a Dutch Ovenmelt butter and olive oil, and sautee carrots and celery for 10 minutes. Then brown your Blanched Almond Flour in the sauteed mixture for about 3-4 minutes.
Pour your chicken broth over veggies and add bay leaves. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 30 minutes.
Add your brown or wild rice and oregano. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and let simmer for 35 minutes.
Add your shredded chicken, half and half milk, salt, and pepper. Let simmer for 20 minutes. (I used a rotisserie chicken from Sam’s Club)
Serve in your favorite bowl, cuddle up and enjoy your hot chicken and rice soup on a cold crisp fall night!
Chicken and Rice Soup
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Chopped Carrots
- 6 Chopped Celery Stocks
- 4 Tbsp Blanched Almond Flour
- 32 Ounces Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 C Brown or Wild Rice
- 2 C Shredded Chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 C Half and Half
- 2 Tbsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- In a large dutch oven or soup pot, melt your butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add your carrots and celery and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Add your blanched almond flour on top of the vegetables and mix for 3-4 minutes. Until flour is browned.
- Add the chicken stock and amino liquids, stir until the almond flour is mixed in well. Then add your bay leaves. Over medium-high heat, bring soup to a boil, and then lower to medium-low heat and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the brown or wild rice and oregano. Bring soup to a boil and then lower to medium-low heat and let simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add the chicken, milk, salt, and pepper and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot in soup bowls, and enjoy!